Uncorked Denver/Denver Wine Meetup gave Denver-area wine-lovers a taste of JUSTIN Winery’s and Landmark Vineyards’ finery at the recent wine tasting. The weather was not cooperative, so the patio party was moved indoors to the atrium at the Denver Marriott Tech Center.
Host Stacey Gilbert welcomed tasters with a glass of JUSTIN Chardonnay 2012, a crisp, lightly oaked wine from Paso Robles that was a carefree start to the rainy night. Joseph Spellman, CSW, talked with tasters about the JUSTIN Winery/Landmark Vineyards Portfolio. The night’s tastings included:
* JUSTIN Sauvignon Blanc 2012, paired with Brie Cheese and a Fresh Raspberry Tartlet. The light, fruity wine was a breezy companion to the sweet appetizer.
* Landmark Overlook Chardonnay 2012, paired with Seared Ahi Tuna in a Poppyseed Cup. This wine from Sonoma was an oakier, butterier contrast to the JUSTIN wine from Paso Robles.
* Landmark Overlook Pinot Noir 2012, paired with a Grilled Vegetable Brochette. The smoke in the wine paired well with the roasted flavors on the skewer.
* JUSTIN Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, paired with Capicola-Wrapped Melon. This taste was enough to make you hungry for more meat.
* JUSTIN OBTUSE 2010, paired with a Spiced Poached Pear with an OBTUSE Port reduction. OBTUSE is a ruby port-style wine made with JUSTIN’s signature Cabernet Sauvignon grape.
This selection of wines and pairings made for a lovely evening and prelude to a longer wine- and food-filled evening for those who stayed for dinner at the Denver Marriott Tech Center.
Next month’s Uncorked Denver/Denver Wine Meetup wine social will be Thursday, August 14, at 1515 Restaurant in Downtown Denver.
Until our next adventure in wine and food…
Read more about Uncorked Denver/Denver Wine Meetup: